Accuracy statistics are static?

That is the problem… IF you add <macworld@lm.macworld.com> to the mailing list manager in Entourage, all future issues of that newsletter will display images automatically… however, if you do that, it hoses SpamSieve.

Now, at the end of the day, it’s not a big deal to click on “download pictures” when these newsletters arrive, the action is “sticky” and you don’t have to act on it again after you do it once. You can move the newsletter to an appropriate mailbox and read it again without any further action. It would be nice however, if Entourage and SpamSieve handled this more elegantly.

In my opinion, the advantages of SpamSieve far out weigh the inconvenience of not being able to use the mailing list manager. More than 45% of the messages that I receive daily are spam, and thanks to SpamSieve, I don’t have to deal with them!

Les

Oh, I see; I didn’t realize it just automatically did that for list messages. Hopefully, Microsoft will make the “show images” setting more configurable in the future.

Revisting original issue one week later
Just to close the book on my original problem that started this thread, you were correct in suspecting the Entourage list rules Michael, they were apparently the source of most of my problems. I now have no list rules, having converted about ten of them to regular rules but contrary to your advice I left them below the two primary SpamSieve rules, figuring better to let SpamSieve have full control. I may just eliminate the other rules altogether as it seems to my simple mind that as I train SpamSieve there will eventually be no need for other rules.
I am now enjoying better accuracy than I ever had before, with no false negatives, and so far only 13 false positives which is a minor training item and I expect it will need little more attention.