Best set up for using SpamSieve with Multiple Macs syncing via iCloud

I wasn’t actually trying to accomplish something special or unusual other than having the spam box on the server. I just misunderstood what I was supposed to do. I don’t care where the folder appears. The desire to have it under Mailboxes was only because I thought it was supposed to be there.

OK, sounds good. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

The problem is that all my Spam still goes to the Junk folder, and not the Spam folder. I decided that trying to have the Spam mailbox on the server is beyond me, so I am trying to go to the basic setting. I cannot delete the Spam mailbox I made on the server. I get MCMailErrorDomain error 1030.

It’s fine (from SpamSieve’s perspective) to us the Junk mailbox if you want. It can be confusing to use Mailbox Behaviors because it essentially renames the mailboxes so that Spam may appear as Junk. You may prefer to create a server mailbox called SpamSieveSpam—that way you will be sure from the name which one SpamSieve is using, and you can also be sure that server filters won’t put any messages there.

If you’re referring to the Gmail account, it has a built-in Spam mailbox, which it doesn’t allow you to delete, and so you don’t need to make a new one.

It is a fastmail one. I thought it was one I created, but now I am not sure.

I did this. Spam is still going to the Junk folder.

I don’t think FastMail lets you delete it, either.

If spam is going to a mailbox other than the one you selected for SpamSieve, it’s probably due to a server filter. You can open the triangle next to the Junk mailbox to see which account it is and then see if you can adjust the server filter for it. Or just let the messages go there. It doesn’t matter to SpamSieve.

Thank you. Apparently they are all Yahoo, which I didn’t think to do anything with the server filter for, because I really only use it for a game ID.
But how do I know if SpamSieve is even filtering stuff, if nothing goes to the mailbox set in its rule. Or if all those emails in the Junk folder are from a Yahoo filter, does it not matter to SpamSieve’s functioning?
At first, I wanted SpamSieve for dealing with Junk mail that I actually signed up for at one point, but couldn’t stop, but then when I learned from you about how iCloud and Gmail deal with spam, I wanted more control over how my spam is filtered. So I turned off Apple Mail’s spam filter, and created that filter in gmail that effectively turns off their filter, but to my surprise, I don’t get much spam at all. I just get the junk marketing emails. So it’s hard for me to know where the spam is going because there is so little of it! I find this odd, because I used to get spam.

You can use the Open Log command to see which messages SpamSieve has processed. Are you getting spam messages that are not automatically moved to a spam/junk mailbox? If not, then maybe there is nothing SpamSieve needs to catch right now.

SpamSieve simply ignores messages that are moved out of the inbox before they get to your Mac. Or you can turn off the Yahoo filter if you want SpamSieve to process those messages.

A good problem to have, I guess? It will probably come back, though.

Great, thanks. It appears to be processing mail messages.

No.

Yes, no doubt.
Thank you.