C-Command Software Forum

Bookmarklets failing in FireFox

In EF 1.5.4, FireFox 5, OS X 10.6.6 I installed the Import Web Archive with Options and Import PDF with Options bookmarklets as I did with earlier versions of EF and FF.

When I click one of them, FireFox starts generating tabbed windows with “x-eaglefiler” prefixes until I quit or kill the program, by which time there are over 260 tabs. This behavior started with EF 1.5.4 I believe.

There is nothing in the console.

Thanks

The bookmarklets seem to be working normally on my Mac with Mac OS X 10.6.8, Firefox 5, and EagleFiler 1.5.4. Please check Firefox’s Applications preferences to make sure that it’s set to use EagleFiler for x-eaglefiler URLs.

I did have EagleFiler set to open EagleFiler for x-eaglefiler URLs.

The problem finally went away after I trashed all EF and FireFox application, App Support, and preference files, restarted and re-installed. The Bookmarklets were working in Safari, so it was certainly a FireFox issue in the first place.