Cannot install!

Hi everyone

Just downloaded latest version but installer quits when trying to install. Get a box with Internal Error. SpamSieve will now quit. Could not create a folder in the logs for itself due to lack of permissions. Then asks me to create it manually which I am unable to do.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Why are you unable to do so? Do you not understand what it’s asking, or does the Finder not allow you to create a new folder? This picture shows the SpamSieve log folder that it was trying to create.

Don’t know why, You are right, Finder does not give me an option to make a new folder, interestingly, this is exactly the same as when I tried to install on Panther, one of the reasons that I upgraded to Tiger and the error is exactly the same, please see the attachment screen-shot of the error message and thank you so much for the quick response.

Please try using File > Get Info on the Logs folder and make sure that you have “Read & Write” permission for it.

Hi Michael

Thanks, again, for the fast response. I have attached a screen-shot of the logs info. As you can see, it is all greyed out and I do not know exactly what to change. This is the default setting as I have not messed with it! Many thanks

This is definitely not the way it should look. Here’s how it looks on my Mac. Can you change the owner to you (jem)? Perhaps you could use Disk Utility to repair permissions on your drive. Or you could enter this command in Terminal:

sudo chown $USER ~/Library/Logs/

and enter your Mac’s password when it asks.

Michael

Did as you said, repaired permissions and then changed the info to look as yours does. The program then installed! Many thanks for all your help.

Jem