The following was posted on the EagleFiler blog:
EagleFiler 1.5.5 is now available. This is a free update that includes the following enhancements:
- Fixed some bugs that could prevent EagleFiler from capturing messages from Apple Mail under Mac OS X 10.7 Lion (particularly if Mail contained a large number of messages or an IMAP path prefix was in effect).
- Added text editing toolbar for setting the font, style, size, etc. when editing rich text documents (requires Mac OS X 10.7 Lion).
- EagleFiler is now able to capture from Apple Mail when it’s in Full Screen mode. However, due to limitations of the OS, capturing will not work in Full Screen mode if you have multiple Mail viewer windows open.
- Updated the Using EagleFiler’s Capture Key From Preview instructions for Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.
- Added the Refetch Web page script, which can be used to convert bookmarks to Web archives (or other formats), to download the latest versions of pages that may have been updated, and more. Any existing metadata that you’ve added is transferred to the new files.
- The Word Count script now shows the number of words in the current selection, as well as the total number of words in the document.
- Added the MediaStylePDF esoteric preference so that it is now possible to override the stylesheet that EagleFiler uses when saving a Web page as a PDF.
- It is now possible to replace a library’s Files folder with an alias to redirect it to another location.
- When opening a large batch of files in Preview, they now appear in a single window, and this also avoids a -1712 error that Preview would report when told to open the files individually.
- The Import Bookmarks… command now works with format-html files from Pinboard that have no file extension when downloaded by certain browsers.
- When creating a new mailbox file, EagleFiler now assigns it HFS type ‘TEXT’ so that Entourage and Outlook will know that they can import it.
- Updated the Export… instructions for Outlook.
- Removed NOT from the documented search syntax, since it doesn’t work with Match Partial Words
. Instead, you should use - or ! to exclude matches that contain a particular word. - When using Reveal in Library
in the Errors window, the relevant browser window is now brought to the front. - EagleFiler no longer adds a list of recent libraries to its Dock menu when running under Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, since this is now a built-in feature of the Dock.
- Improved the indexing of Microsoft Office documents.
- Improved various error messages when capturing.
- Fixed a bug where the Import Bookmarks… feature would create a tag with a blank name if the bookmarks did not have any tags.
- Fixed a bug where the contextual menu in the Tags
window didn’t work under Mac OS X 10.7 Lion. - Fixed a bug where capturing from NetNewsWire didn’t work if the item had no title.
- Fixed a bug with smart folders that use source URL criteria.
- Reduced EagleFiler’s memory usage by removing a workaround for a PDF bug that seems to have been fixed in the final release of Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.
- The manual now explains how to open the Library folder on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.
- Fixed a bug where EagleFiler’s Spotlight importer for .eml files didn’t work properly under Mac OS X 10.7 Lion. Now, it works, although its functionality is limited due to sandbox restrictions.
- Fixed a bug with re-personalizing via an x-eaglefiler URL.
For information about previous releases of EagleFiler, please see the version history.