The following was posted on the EagleFiler blog:
Version 1.6.8 of EagleFiler is now available. This is a free update that includes the following enhancements:
- EagleFiler can now capture from Numbers and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Capturing from Apple Mail is faster when you have a large mail store.
- EagleFiler now auto-hides and shows the ruler, like it does the text inspector bar, so that it’s not shown when you aren’t editing an RTF file. Among other benefits, this prevents the alignment and spacing buttons from moving back and forth between the ruler and the text inspector bar, depending on whether the latter was shown.
- You can now double-click a smart folder as shortcut for Edit Smart Folder…. Option-double-click to get the old behavior of opening a new window with that smart folder selected.
- When transferring the search query from the main window to the Find panel, EagleFiler now strips any * wildcard characters so that you can more easily use the Find Again command.
- Copying and pasting an e-mail message from EagleFiler to the Finder now creates a standard .eml file rather than a Mail-proprietary .emlx file.
- Added the Append Creation Date to Filename script.
- Improved the following sections of the manual:
- The record viewer no longer shows the text inspector bar when Allow Editing in Record Viewer is unchecked. This prevents unwanted shifting of the window content and works around a text selection problem.
- When importing from Apple Mail, EagleFiler no longer makes an unnecessary copy of each of Mail’s Attachments folders. This used extra temporary disk space and could cause the import to fail unnecessarily in the event of a file permissions problem.
- EagleFiler now skips importing all files whose names begin with ~$ because they are probably Microsoft Office temporary files.
- When capturing from Apple Mail, if there’s an error finding the mailbox on disk, EagleFiler now presents a more helpful error message.
- Improved the error reporting when a Mac App Store receipt cannot be found.
- Improved the error reporting for the Software Update… command.
- Worked around an OS bug that prevented changing the search highlight and quote colors on Mac OS X 10.10 or later.
- Fixed bugs where the iWork and Microsoft Office capture scripts didn’t work with the latest versions of those apps.
- Fixed a bug where EagleFiler couldn’t capture from local Apple Mail mailboxes on Mac OS X 10.11 if the Mail installation was fresh, rather than upgraded from a previous version of Mac OS X.
- Fixed a bug where text of the selected items in the source list could be hard to read when dragging and dropping onto another item.
- Fixed a bug where Mac App Store receipts would not validate if the Mac’s language was set to Hebrew.
EagleFiler 1.6.8 works with Mac OS X 10.6.8 through 10.11. Older versions are available for older operating systems. For information about previous releases of EagleFiler, please see the version history.