C-Command Software Forum

EagleFiler 1.7.1

The following was posted on the EagleFiler blog:

Version 1.7.1 of EagleFiler is now available. This is a free update that includes the following enhancements:

[ul]
[li]EagleFiler no longer uses the text inspector bar on macOS 10.12 in order to work around a crashing bug in the OS. In the event that the bug is fixed, you can re-enable the text inspector using TextInspectorBar in the esoteric preferences.[/li][li]The system PDF view was rewritten in macOS 10.12, and there are still some bugs in the GM release that affect EagleFiler:[/li][LIST]
[li]The PDF contextual menu is not available. This may be fixed in the official release of 10.12.[/li][li]Dragging to select PDF text sometimes selects the wrong range.[/li][li]Some longer PDF files display with blank regions when using Continuous Scroll mode.[/li][/ul]

[li]Worked around a bug in Mac OS X 10.11.6 that could cause internal errors and prevent the font picker in the preferences from changing to a non-system font once a system one had been set.[/li][li]The mbox writer guards against newlines in the From line.[/li][li]Improved the following sections of the manual:[/li][ul]
[li]Applications That Support Capture[/li][li]Importing Mail From Apple Mail[/li][li]How can I access my library from multiple Macs?[/li][li]How can I put my library on my iPhone?[/li][/ul]

[li]Updated to Xcode 8.[/li][li]Renamed “Mac OS X” to “macOS” throughout the app and documentation.[/li][li]Added the Sending in Crash Log Files section of the manual.[/li][li]Fixed a bug where search queries that included angle brackets could fail if Match Partial Words was enabled.[/li][li]Fixed a bug where some URL importing errors were not reported if the format was set to PDF, which led to the creation of blank PDF files.[/li][/LIST]
EagleFiler 1.7.1 works with Mac OS X 10.6.8 through macOS 10.12. Older versions are available for older operating systems. For information about previous releases of EagleFiler, please see the version history.