The following was posted on the EagleFiler blog:
Version 1.7.1 of EagleFiler is now available. This is a free update that includes the following enhancements:
- EagleFiler no longer uses the text inspector bar on macOS 10.12 in order to work around a crashing bug in the OS. In the event that the bug is fixed, you can re-enable the text inspector using TextInspectorBar in the esoteric preferences.
- The system PDF view was rewritten in macOS 10.12, and there are still some bugs in the GM release that affect EagleFiler:
- The PDF contextual menu is not available. This may be fixed in the official release of 10.12.
- Dragging to select PDF text sometimes selects the wrong range.
- Some longer PDF files display with blank regions when using Continuous Scroll mode.
- Worked around a bug in Mac OS X 10.11.6 that could cause internal errors and prevent the font picker in the preferences from changing to a non-system font once a system one had been set.
- The mbox writer guards against newlines in the From line.
- Improved the following sections of the manual:
- Updated to Xcode 8.
- Renamed “Mac OS X” to “macOS” throughout the app and documentation.
- Added the Sending in Crash Log Files section of the manual.
- Fixed a bug where search queries that included angle brackets could fail if Match Partial Words was enabled.
- Fixed a bug where some URL importing errors were not reported if the format was set to PDF, which led to the creation of blank PDF files.
EagleFiler 1.7.1 works with Mac OS X 10.6.8 through macOS 10.12. Older versions are available for older operating systems. For information about previous releases of EagleFiler, please see the version history.