EF Functionality Questions

I have a few questions regarding EF functionality I could not find answers for in the forum or help guide.

**1. **is there a way to view web archives that contain Flash media IN the EF viewer? Or, can it only be viewed by clicking on “External Viewer”? - Reason: I don’t like the extra step.

2. I’ve imported all my emails into EF for storage - however, when searching for a specific name such as “michael” - only three records are found - out of hundreds of records over three years from multiple clients named michael. Same result for any other client name criteria as well.

3. Can users create Smart Mail boxes?

thanks,
-prb

I don’t know of any reason why this wouldn’t work. EagleFiler isn’t disabling Flash, or anything. However, it’s possible that something about the Flash app doesn’t work from within a Web archive. If there’s a particular URL that isn’t working for you, let me know what it is and I’ll investigate.

Which sources do you have selected when searching? Do you see the expected records in the list before beginning the search? Which search location are you using?

No, but this is a feature that will be added.

It looks like there’s a bug in which plug-ins such as Flash are being disabled even though (as far as I can tell) EagleFiler is requesting that they be enabled. I’ll send you a pre-release version soon that tries to fix this.

As to the search problem, you haven’t said which search location (chosen in the little magnifying glass menu to the left of the query) you’re using. Perhaps you are searching the Title and that’s why you aren’t finding the records that have your search string in the From.

Flash issue solved with pre release version.

Search issue solved as well - call it “user error”

This is fixed in EagleFiler 1.2.5.

You can do this with EagleFiler 1.4.