Encrypt part of library?

I’m really enjoying EagleFiler, thanks for all your work on it!

Here’s my dilemma: I have an EagleFiler library called Meetings to hold all my documents, etc. related to meetings of the various committees, etc. I’m a part of. I serve on a Board in which I have several responsibilities. One of those responsibilities involves correspondence and notes that are confidential, and thus should be encrypted and/or password protected. None of the rest of my meeting files need this level of security.

Is there a way to either:
-encrypt/password protect only a subsection of a library OR
-save a link to an encrypted library/sparseimage in the Meetings library?

Or is there another approach that might work better?

Of the two I’ve listed, I’d probably prefer the latter (a link to another library)

kabing

Each library is either fully encrypted or not encrypted. This is necessary to prevent leakage of confidential data and metadata.

I think the easiest solution in your case would be to encrypt everything in one library. If you don’t want to do that, you could create two separate libraries and use Edit > Copy Record Link to link to records in the other library.

Thanks! I opted for the link, because I tend to keep Meetings open all the time, which means the confidential stuff isn’t all that secure.