Import Entourage Folders in EF

I calculate a delay based on the number of messages in the folder being processed, adding 1 second for each 15 messages. This seems to give enough time for EagleFiler to process the folder before the next “Capture” keystroke occurs. It may take longer than necessary, but it works.

I keep the Entourage database trim by deleting any messages that have been archived that are older than 2 weeks (unless they are unread or flagged) using another AppleScript within Entourage.

Next thing I’d like to automate is the merging of mailboxes after an archive run, merging the newly archived messages into their respective folders/mailboxes in EagleFiler.

As of EagleFiler 1.5, the scripting dictionary has a command to initiate a capture.

Capture scripting
That’s great! Actually, since I originally posted this thread, I’ve switched from Entourage to Apple Mail. I will be working now on a script to automate archiving from Mail to EagleFiler, based on several factors such as date received, flagged status, folder, and possibly Mail Tags. If I ever get it working, I’ll send a copy.