No messages in Spam

Dear Michael,
Lately it happens that when I click in Message “Spamsieve Train as Spam” the mail does not go into my Spam forest. What’s wrong here?

Kind regards
Hans

Which mailbox is the message in before and after training? Does it change color and appear in SpamSieve’s log as Trained: Spam (Manual)?

Dear Michael,
Before the training in my mailbox and after the manual training (Spamsieve - Train as Spam) in the junk box. The color will probably be blue after training (colour binding). Most messages are marked as good in the log.

Kind regards
Hans

This sounds normal then. SpamSieve does not move a trained message if it’s already in a spam/junk mailbox. However, it’s a bit unusual that you seem to have multiple such mailboxes. Are you training SpamSieve with a message that was already automatically caught as junk by a server junk filter?

Below you will find the only rule I have set.

kind regards

Hans

This looks good to me. You have Mail configured to move the spam messages caught by SpamSieve to the Junk mailbox. I recommend using the Change Settings command to tell SpamSieve to use the Junk mailbox for trained messages as well. Then you will not need a separate Spam mailbox.

Dear Michael,

Thanks for your reply. In Change settings I selected Junk and my problem appears to be solved.

Regards
Hans

1 Like