NSInvalidArgumentException on build

Coming back to using DropDMG after a few months. No changes to the project structure or DropDMG setup.

I get this on the command line:

Error: NSInvalidArgumentException

Here is what is on DropDMG:
Screen Shot 2023-03-11 at 6.36.27 AM

Any suggestions?

I’m using DropDMG 3.6.6 on MacOS 10.14.6.

Thanks for letting me know. Does this happen every time or just the once? If it happens again, please save a diagnostic report right away and submit it via e-mail.

Thanks for sending the report. It looks like macOS is encountering an unexpected error, and reporting it incorrectly, when DropDMG is checking that the layout of the disk image is correct.

If you click this link it will enable some debug logging that should help pinpoint the source of the problem the next time you create a disk image and save a diagnostic report. Then perhaps we can work around the problem.

Or, you can click this link to tell DropDMG not to check the layout, which should avoid this particular error, though there is a small chance that the layout would not be correct so you would want to look at it yourself before distributing the disk image.

I clicked the first link, then built again. This time it completed successfully when I built by dragging the app into DropDMG, but failed from the command line.

I’ve sent you the new diagnostic report.

Thanks for the new report. I see what’s happening here and will work on a new version of DropDMG that better handles the error that Finder is reporting.

I appreciate your help!

Please try the public beta of DropDMG 3.6.7b1.

Thanks, Michael - that worked for me!

1 Like

I’m in Mojave 10.14.6 with DropDMG version 3.6.6, and get the error:
Error NSInvalidArgumentException
-[NSError boolValue]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x60000234f450

I checked the drop settings and saw that is was using an old dev certificate. I selected the correct one, getting the same error, restart DropDMG, same error.

So, I downgraded to DropDMG 3.6.4 and got the window size as described on this page, with the suggestion:
Error The mounted disk image window did not have the correct window size.
The window should have had size {615, 381}, but the size was {0, 0}. This can happen if the Finder did not properly save the window size when DropDMG ejected the disk image. Usually you can simply create the disk image again and it will work. Or, can enter this command:
defaults write com.c-command.DropDMG
LayouterDoubleCheckWindowSize NO
in Terminal (then restart DropDMG) to tell DropDMG not to check that the Finder saved the proper window size. This may be necessary if you are using a Finder haxie such as TotalFinder or XtraFinder that makes it impossible for the Finder window to have the expected size.

I did that but got the Terminal error: -bash: LayouterDoubleCheckWindowSize: command not found
What to do?

I moved your post to this thread because I think you’re seeing the same issue reported here, which is fixed in the public beta of DropDMG 3.6.7b1.

I think the bug is also present in DropDMG 3.6.4.

I think this means that you didn’t put the entire Terminal command on one line.

Yes, thank you Michael, that now worked with 3.6.4.