Problem when first loading

This software has been working great, but I it initially put a lot of my good mail in the spam folder, even though they are in contacts. What did i do wrong?

Which mail program are you using? It sounds like maybe you did not name the rule in Apple Mail “SpamSieve”. Please see this page.

http://c-command.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=456&stc=1&d=1396536750

not sure if you can see that attachment. But it is clearly SpamSieve. Junk was not disabled, but is disabled now.

OSX: 10.9.2
Mail: 7.2

Screen Shot 2014-04-03 at 9.49.43 AM | Apr 3, 2014.png

I spelled it SpamSieve

Mac Mail 7.2

OSX: 10.9.2

Did you create the rule before you saw the SpamSieve commands in Mail’s Message menu?

You can look in the log to see whether SpamSieve predicted those messages to be spam. If so, it will say why.

Yes I followed directions and when I opened mail the first thing I did is create the rule.

I see the log, but how do I find the potential problem area. I searched the name of the email that was put in spam.

I did have the mail junk on … would that do it?

The first thing you are supposed to do is check where you see the SpamSieve commands in the Message menu. The second thing is to create the Spam mailbox.

You would search for the message’s subject and see whether there’s a log entry for it that says “Predicted: Spam”.

Possibly. It depends on how it was configured.