Some questions to ask before purchasing

Hi,

Just some small questions before purchasing SpamSieve.

1. Is it possible to have the “Junk” folder back in the default Mac mail program?
    I had to remove it when installing the software.
    I use a hotmail address and sometimes things go to Junk when they are not Junk
    so it would be nice to be able to do a quick check there etc without having to log
    into web hotmail.
  2. A notification window appears to enter the serial code etc. Im hoping this or any
    other window will not show when I boot up my mac as I start SpamSieve in “hide”
    mode in “users and groups” preferences and then “log items” and tick “Hide” for
    SpamSieve. I just prefer less clutter on my screen.
  3. When I make a purchase, is it a lifetime serial code or just for 1 year or two?
    If its for 1 year or two, how much is the upgrade price?
    Cheers,
    John

You can create another mailbox, say AppleMailJunk, and use the Mailbox > Use This Mailbox For > Junk command on it. Then the other Junk mailbox will show up as a regular mailbox.

After purchasing, SpamSieve will not show any windows at startup. It’s not necessary to make it a login item because Mail will automatically launch it (in the background) as needed.

It’s a lifetime license for the major version that you bought. Maintenance and feature updates are free. Major upgrades are discounted 50% or free (if you bought the prior version recently). More details here.

"Junk" option is greyed out in the "Use This Mailbox for"

>>>> Hi I tried doing “use the Mailbox > Use This Mailbox For > Junk command on it” for the AppleMailJunk folder but the “Junk” option is greyed out in the “Use This Mailbox for” menu option.

Please make sure that you create the AppleMailJunk mailbox inside the account (not On My Mac).

it didnt work
Hi Michael,

okay, the only way I could connect “AppleMailJunk” to Junk mailbox (“use this for”) is when I create AppleMailJunk ("New Mailbox), I create the location on “iCloud”.
However the problem is, its not picking up any (So Zero) Junk emails.

What isn’t picking up junk e-mails?

Prob best read thru my original request. Im using hotmail and i want to see whats in my junk folder ( as sometimes emails accidentally go there) but in setup I had to remove that for the application.

I remember your original request, but it’s not clear to me what “its” in post #5 refers to.

Also, you said that you created AppleMailJunk on iCloud. But if the problem is with Hotmail you would need to create the additional mailbox there. What happens when you try that?

Ill try the 2nd solution on Monday when I get back to my computer. Anyway “it’s”
Refers to the iMac default email program

Sorry but how do this? … “But if the problem is with Hotmail you would need to create the additional mailbox there”

It Mail, choose Mailbox > New Mailbox. From the Location pop-up menu, choose your Hotmail account.

The only location I have to create it are on “On My Mac” or “iCloud”, there is no option for hotmail.

Are you able to create a new folder from the Hotmail Web site and have it show up in Mail?

No, the only mailbox’s that appear from hotmail are “Trash” and “Sent” and “Inbox”. All the other folders are “On My Mac”

Another option would be to use this setup, which will let you see the Junk mailbox from Hotmail.