C-Command Software Forum

Sort by date bug?

While testing the new “everything in the Library” approach, I just saw something strange in the document list, sorted by date, as illustrated in the screenshots here. Is this a known bug?

Thinking a bit more about this, I realize these were documents whose title I had changed. I guess the date displayed is different from the one being used for the sorting (one is probably “created”, the other “modified”).

EagleFiler displays and sorts by the modification date, which will be changed when you change the title. The issue here is that EagleFiler has an optimization so that it doesn’t read all the modification dates from disk each time it re-sorts, since that can be pretty slow if you have lots of records. So it’s displaying the correct date but sorting by a slightly old one.

I see, thanks for the explanation.

In EagleFiler 1.1.5, I’ve fixed this optimization so that it sorts properly even if you modify the record.