Spam Folder lost

This is my first log-in to this forum. I am in a hurry, I can’t read through all posts. I beg that you please excuse me if my question may have been dealt with before.

My problem is: I am on a new Macbook Air M1 with Big Sur. I set up the machine and deleted the Spam folder in Apple mail. Then I created a new folder and gave it the name Spam. But it seems that it doesn’t function in the same way as the original one.

If I mark an email in Apple Mail as spam it disappears but it doesn’t end up in the Spam folder.

The same goes for SpamSieve. It works in some way but the email I mark as spam disappears seemingly to nowhere.

I have no idea what to do.

The new standard SpamSieve setup is to use the Junk mailbox instead of the Spam mailbox. You can configure in the SpamSieve rule in Mail’s preferences where Mail moves the spam messages. It’s possible that you had chosen a mailbox that was hidden. Please make sure that you have Mail set up so that the Junk mailbox is stored on your mail server. This works around a Mail bug where it deletes messages instead of moving them.

Oh, I’m beginning to understand what’s happening here. Now I set up the process so that SpamSieve sends the spam to the Spam folder (instead of Junk folder). Since it seems to work, I think it is also okay, isn’t it?

Thank you for your time to reply and making me feel welcome in the forum.

Great! I recommend using Junk instead of Spam, but if it works for you with Junk you can keep using that.