SpamSieve Public Beta and macOS 11 Big Sur

Michael,

Getting the warning window (quit & show instructions) every time i start Mail.
On 2 machines running BS b5
Reverting to b3 fixes that.

Michael, I am also getting the warning window running BS b5 abd SS b4. I went ahead and deleted the DataVauls, etc., with the same result.

If you are having trouble getting SpamSieve to work on Big Sur, please contact me via e-mail and include screenshots and a diagnostic report.

There seems to be a bug in SpamSieve 2.9.40b4 where it will reinstall the plug-in at each launch. If you click Continue you should be able enable the plug-in in Mail and have it load. You will know it has loaded because youā€™ll see the SpamSieve menu commands in Mail.

Iā€™ve got the beta but get incompatible plug in from Mail Version 13.0 (3645.0.6.2.4). SpamSieve is at 2.9.4.b5.

Please try holding down the Option key when you install the plug-in, as this will tell SpamSieve to reset a Mail cache that could cause that error.

Does not work. This worked when I first used it. I ran Catalina and just rebooted to Big Sur and the hassle started.

Please save a diagnostic report right after you get the error.

Thereā€™s a bunch of stuff screwed up that wasnā€™t before. Will wait to start fresh with the next version.

Cheers,
ā€“ Harald

• :heart:

Installed beta9 and all is well.

1 Like

SpamSieve 2.9.40 has shipped with support for macOS 11.

A post was split to a new topic: Incompatible

SpamSieve 2.9.40 appears to be incompatible with macOS 11.1

The SpamSieve 2.9.41b1 beta for macOS 11.1 is now available.

A post was split to a new topic: Apple Mail filtering not working on macOS 11.0.1

3 posts were split to a new topic: Apple Mail menu commands and hotkeys not working on macOS 11.1 Beta

macOS 11.5 Beta 4 is not compatible with SpamSieve 2.9.43, although Mail and SpamSieve donā€™t know this because the macOS beta erroneously declares the same compatibility UUID. I will post here when a new beta version of SpamSieve is available. Until that time, I recommend unchecking the SpamSieve rule in Mailā€™s preferences if you are using the latest Big Sur beta.

SpamSieve 2.9.44b4 is now available with support for macOS 11.5 Beta 4.

SpamSieve 2.9.44 has been released, so a beta version is no longer necessary for compatibility with macOS 11.5 Beta 4.