SpamSieve Public Beta and macOS 14 Sonoma

I too would like to be included in your Sonoma beta program.

Thank you for the information! I’ll get over my frustration now…at least temporarily, knowing that you’re working on a solution. I LOVE SpamSieve!! I’m more than willing to help with beta testing too.

Bob Terry

I’m a long-time Spamseive user, I would like to be added to the beta for version 3. I am already on the beta for Sonoma.

I would like to be added to the beta please.

Another early Sonoma adopter very much missing my SpamSieve!
I would love to be part of the beta if you are still looking for additional people.
Thank you so much!

The public beta version is now available. Once again, you can click here to configure your copy of SpamSieve to update to beta versions. Please send any feedback directly to spamsieve@c-command.com (not to the forum).

1 Like

I have the public beta, the extension is installed and activated, but still no entries on the Messages menu. Tried to uninstall SpamSieve and re-install the beta, no good.

Bill.

Ahhhhh!!! Thank you.

I held off on the public beta for a while, but as soon as I jumped in I was deeply missing SpamSieve that I’ve used since the early 2000s. I get between 100 to 250 spam email a day across various personal email accounts.

My 1.7 million records in the 4th step caused SpanSieve update to crash, so I’m now retraining. Retraining is fine as the last year or so I have had a lot of missed spam not get caught and also quite a few false positives. Retraining will help get things back closer in line.

It may take time getting used to marking spam outside of Mail (for me in the dock) rather than a keystroke I trained in Mail (so long ago I forgot how I set it up.

Thanks again for making beta life more livable.

Extensions aren’t allowed to modify Mail’s menus, so the training commands are now in the SpamSieve menu bar icon and Dock menu. The same keyboard shortcuts still work, too.

1 Like

It sounds like there’s some stuff to investigate here. I’ll follow up with you via e-mail.

Are you wanting to use a custom keyboard shortcut rather than the Command-Control-S/G?

1 Like

Is it possible to change keyboard shortcuts for training as spam or as good?

(Spamsieve 3, MacOs Sonoma)

Hi,
Great day ! Public beta has arrived.
I really appreciate menu dock commands which are easier than Mail menu (on my point of view).
I am going to test it as far as I can but it really works fine.

That’s not currently possible. Could you explain a bit about why you want different shortcuts and what you want the shortcuts to be?

I’ve noticed two things that seem problematic.

1. Keyboard shortcuts for training SpamSeive only honor QWERTY layout.
I happen to use the Dvorak keyboard layout. At first I thought the keyboard shortcuts didn’t work at all, and then tried them using the QWERTY layout. They do work that way. But it’s a bit strange to think in two different keyboard layouts depending on which application I happen to be using.

2. The SpamSieve training menu items in the menu bar are mostly not available.
When I’ve tried to use the menu bar icon and select training commands, the menu items are grayed out and unelectable. I say “mostly” because they did seem to work immediately after configuring SpamSieve under Mail in Sonoma, but quit working sometime over the last 24 hours. I wish I could provide more detailed conditions. A screen shot is included for clarity:

Thanks for letting me know. I think the predefined keys that Apple provides all assume the QWERTY layout. I’ll see if I can adapt them based on the current keyboard layout.

The commands in the Message menu are for use within SpamSieve, e.g. when you’re in the Corpus or Log window. When you’re in your mail client, use the ones at the top (e.g. under Apple Mail).

When in Apple Mail, the Message menu doesn’t have any commands for SpamSeive. The only way I’ve seen affect training is the menu bar icon (and related key command shortcuts), and from the SpamSeive application icon in the dock.

That’s correct. Apple no longer allows modification of Mail’s menus.

1 Like

I upgraded to the 3.0 Public Beta using the in app software updater and SpamSieve is no longer processing mail.

I’m on the Sonoma public beta. I have the Extension selected in SpamSieve. The extension is turned on in Mail. When I check the logs I see the SpamSieve 3.0b3 launched and automatically quit from time to time (when I restarted Mail). However, there is no mail post-update that was predicted good or spam. When mail comes in it’s just not processed.

What have I done wrong?

Actually, I just tried manually processing a message and got this Error in the log–

Log Entry: Error finding Junk mailbox for message: Mail got an error: Can’t get message id 3647536 of mailbox “INBOX” of account id “66C72C0A-E03F-45A6-AF2E-FE9264646D0F”.

Please use the Save Diagnostic Report command in the Help menu and send the report file to spamsieve@c-command.com.