15% Mistakes & Some Mail Unscored with MailMate, Big Sur, & M1

Before I moved from 2018 MacBook Pro to an M1 MacBook Pro, Spamsieve worded flawlessly with MailMate. Since the move, I have tried all the troubleshooting I could find on the SpamSieve site, including reinstalling a new copy of Spamsieve, but even after extensive training, Spamsieve makes mistakes (false positives and false negatives) on perhaps 15% of my mail. It classifies some mail as spam even when the sender is in my address book & I’ve corrected the mistake with that item a number of times. Have made sure I use only one mail client, have MM paired w/ SpamSieve in Automation, etc. If relevant, I’m using MM Version 1.13.2 (5673) & Big Sur 11.2.1 on my MacBook Pro (156-inch, 2018) with SpamSieve (2.9.42).

Don’t know if this is diagnostic, but some of the mail has no score at all in the “SpamSieve Score” column.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

Did you check the log to see whether SpamSieve actually predicted these messages incorrectly? Or are you basing this on where you found the messages (which could have been moved by something else)?

If the former, please use the Save Diagnostic Report command in the Help menu and send me the report file, as described here.

Does SpamSieve have access to your Contacts in System Preferences ‣ Security & Privacy?

Please make sure that MailMate is set to apply SpamSieve to messages in Inbox. Otherwise, it won’t ask SpamSieve to look at all the new messages. If that’s not the problem, I recommend contacting MailMate’s support to see if they know why a message wouldn’t get a SpamSieve Score.