After using SpamSieve with Apple Mail for a while

I will ask
Thanks

I have the same problem. SpamSieve slows down the launch of Apple Mail after upgrade to Catalina.

OK CCC next beta fixes the problem with the errors

How long does it take Mail to launch? Is the launch time consistent or variable? Please record a sample report from Mail during a slow launch.

I have not measured it but 15-20 seconds is my guess. I have uninstalled SpamSieve until I hear that you have fixed it.

There are no other reports of this issue, so we can’t investigate a fix unless you send in more information.

Wow! Really? What is everyone else on this thread complaining about? It looks like you got the logs that you wanted already. I see no results.

There is only one other person in this thread who had a problem with Apple Mail, and he said that Mail no longer launches slowly.

Well Michael,

I have to say I am still unsure if it launches as fast as without SpamSieve, of course this may be the case for any other Mail Plugin, which I don’t have

for the time being I uninstalled SpamSieve, as I kept getting the “SpamSieve has deactivated the Mail rule”, and the next launch “SpamSieve has re-activated the Mail rule”

I di not bring it up again, as I need Mail to launch fast without delay or distraction,

And these days I have no time to play around with this, submit reports and post problems

It all may be an Apple MacOs problem rather than SpamSieve itself

I’ll get back in here when time permits

You have always been prompt to solve problems, and efficient when you have the right data to work with and that has been appreciated for years

Since nobody else seem to see this problem, well it might be my own system that is at fault

Thanks

Are you saying that the problem came back on the Mac that had gotten fast again? Or is it slow on a different Mac?

Thanks for the follow-up. That means that either the Mail plug-is is not constantly loading or that it’s taking a long time. If you want to troubleshoot that, in addition to the sample report, I would recommend clicking this link to enable some additional debug logging and then save a diagnostic report the next time the problem occurs.

Just used my second computer, an iMac, SpamSieve is active
and Mail launches very fast with SpamSieve installed

Makes me wonder…maybe it is something on my MBA

Anyway, I don’t want to confuse the issue…sorry about that

I’ve now seen several cases where Mail hanging at launch in FSEventStreamFlushSync can be resolved by disabling and reenabling its plug-ins:

1. Go to the General tab of Mail’s Preferences and click on Manage Plug-ins….
  2. Uncheck SpamSieve.mailbundle (and any other plug-ins) and restart Mail.
  3. Go back to Manage Plug-ins… and check SpamSieve.mailbundle (and any other plug-ins).
  4. Restart Mail again.

If anyone is still seeing this problem on macOS 11, please record a sample log from Mail during the slow launch and send it to me so that I can update my bug report with Apple.