All mail is flagged after latest update

Ever since this latest update, all of my incoming mail (gmail, yahoo, apple) is flagged with orange flags. After reading, they stay flagged and go into the flagged mail folder. I previously had all flags turned off, but now I do not see a setting to remove flags from mail. What am I missing?

Which version of macOS are you using? An orange flag indicates that SpamSieve’s Mail extension encountered an error when processing that message. The details of the error are logged to a file, which you can read yourself at:

/Users/<username>/Library/Containers/com.c-command.SpamSieve.MailAppExtension/Data/Library/Logs/SpamSieve/Mail App Extension.log

It’s also included if you use the Save Diagnostic Report command in the Help menu and send me the report file, as described here.

Thanks for the diagnostic report. It’s not clear what’s happening here because it does not show any errors from the Mail extension, and it looks like your mail is being properly filtered. If you open SpamSieve’s Log window, are the messages that say Predicted there the same ones that have orange flags?

You could also click this link to tell SpamSieve not to flag messages when there’s an error and see whether that makes a difference.

It was only the me.com address that registered an error, and the number of orange flags = the predicted number. I clicked the link to tell SpamSieve to not flag message when there’s an error, let’s see what happens.