I installed the demo version of Eaglefiler a couple of hours ago and going through all the options.
I have a few questions where I working on, but can’t find a answer to very easily.
I will explain my environment first. I have a Macbook Pro, a Macbook and an iMac. I’m using Entourage as my email client, but that’s under consideration at this moment. My current Entourage database is about 7 to 8GB and that’s the reason for looking at archiving at this moment, because Entourage is giving me a hard time. On the iMac and Macbook there is more then one user. My Macbook Pro is traveling with me on visits or work at customer sites. Both the iMac and Macbook Pro have their own external harddisk. The Macbook is also on the same spot and not moving around (much). I have a large number of PST files. And my email consist about 12 years of mail.
- How to deal with the PST and MBOX files? When importing them they are not searchable or browsable, I understood.
- These files have nested folders in them (i.e. customers/name/project. I noticed you cannot put these complete strings into Eaglefiler. How to deal with that?
- How do I setup the environment with Eaglefiler. Keeping in mind that I have a very large amount of documents (PDF, PPT, DOC, etc) too.
- How to deal with multiple DB’s in Eaglefiler. Are they searchable or do I need to do a search on all of them?
- Can I migrate easily, after everything is archived, to for example Apple Mail?
I know it’s a lot of questions, but I’m in a hurry, because Entourage is not working properly anymore, which I can imagine with 7/8GB of mail
Thanks in advance!
Arjon G. Stellinga