Can DropDMG deliver to library /Components and /VST3 folders, not just Applications folder?

I’m delivering an AU audio units file and a VST3 file.
These are to go into /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components (AU) , and for VST3 plugins, it would be /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3

Can DropDMG handle that delivery folder? If so, whats the first basic step in favoring those folders over the Application folder inside DropDMG?

Yes. You would create an absolute symlink to the folder and put it in the source folder (the folder that you drag onto DropDMG) next to your app.

1 Like

Can I make an installer that can deploy an AU (.component) file to /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components And in the same installer, offer the user the choice to deploy a VST3 to /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3 in the same installer - is it possible ?

The user can choose to install one or both.

Yes, you can put multiple symlinks in the same source folder.

Is it possible to have more than one source folder? i.e. can I drag different folders onto DropDMG one after the other?

Dragging multiple source folders would create multiple destination disk images. If you want multiple folders all on the same disk image, you should move/copy them into a single source folder and then drag that onto DropDMG.

And then place two symlinks in that folder too?
How would DropDMG know what component to drag into what destination folder?

i.e. I want the DropDMG install screen to show visually:

AU.component --------------> /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components

VST3 --------------------------> /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3

How would DropDMG know what symlink to associate with what source ?

Yes.

You would add the icons to your layout and position them there the way you want them to be shown.