Can I Help SpamSieve be more sure?

I’ve been using SpamSieve for years, and it’s doing a good job of catching spam, but I’m finding that I need to review the spam folder more carefully, and I’m wondering if I can make that less cumbersome: I like the label colors to indicate likeliness of spam, but they don’t seem to be helping much. For example, I get loads of messages for “Flight Simulator” but some still come in as yellow. Same for many other spam trends. I was wondering if, after confirming a bunch of spam, I could “train as spam” to make SpamSieve more certain of the next similar spams, but I see that’s not recommended in this thread: http://c-command.com/forums/showthread.php/3492-Bad-to-over-train-Spamsieve.

Is there something else to be done?

Also, the reason I’m checking the spam folder more lately is that I’ve had a few false positives, each from addresses I had sent mail to (in a couple of cases, the false positives were replying directly to mail I’d sent). Is it possible to automatically whitelist such addresses?

Thanks,

Nathan

It sounds to me like the real problem is the good messages in the spam folder. Training yellow spams as spam would likely make that worse.

Please see the Whitelisting Previous Recipients page. However, I’d still like to see a report because this shouldn’t normally be necessary.