Change Settings scripts crashes with error in Outlook

First, HUGE fan of this app, using it for years in my Entourage setup. Now, moving it all to Outlook 2011 14.0.

When I run the script “Change Settings” from within Outlook, I got past the first 2 screens and after I tell it what I want it to do with marking spam as read, the script crashes with the error SpamSieve got an error: Can’t Continue <<event mtSSChDf>>

What I wanted to do was get it to properly move “Good” message to the InBox when I train them as it appears it is leaving “Good” messages in the trash (I have spam go to my Trash, not the Junk E-mail) upon some testing so figured the Settings script would allow me to do so.

To be clear, if you are not seeing the crash reporter window it’s just an error, not a crash.

It’s possible that one of the files is damaged. Please download a fresh copy of SpamSieve and choose “Install Outlook Scripts” from the SpamSieve menu.

That’s not an option that Change Settings offers. With Outlook, SpamSieve always uses the Junk E-mail folder. By default, the “Train as Good” command moves messages from there back to the inbox, and Change Settings lets you turn that feature off.

I tried new Outlook scripts, fresh… still get the error, crash, whatever it is. Either way, I cant complete the settings as I should. New scripts, old scripts, same thing happens.

Well, my “Train as Good” in Outlook does not move them. Period. They just stay in the Trash. While in Entourage, “Train as Good” moves them from Trash to the InBox. So in Outlook, “Train as Good” just leaves them in the Trash and does not move them to the InBox as it should. So, how do I fix that? And just FYI, if I have a spam in the InBox “Train as Spam” does move them from the InBox to the Trash. I just can’t get “Train as Good” to move them from Trash to InBox like is suppose to happen. Both scripts properly add them to the Whitelist or Blocklist, but “Train as Good” does not move them as it should.

And, BTW, in my case, I have all spam go to the Trash, I just edited the scrit with Script editor to move to the Trash and not to the “Junk E-mail” folder as in the end, I just delete them anyway so 1 step saved by just putting them right in the trash to begin with :slight_smile:

Well, this is kind of immaterial because the setting that you’re looking for doesn’t exist. You could try entering this command in Terminal, though:

defaults write com.c-command.SpamSieve OutlookTrainSpamName "Deleted Items"

well, my bigger issue is this… what about this then?

My “Train as Good” in Outlook does not move them to the InBox. Period. They just stay in the Trash. While in Entourage, “Train as Good” moves them from Trash to the InBox. So in Outlook, “Train as Good” just leaves them in the Trash and does not move them to the InBox as it should. So, how do I fix that? And just FYI, if I have a spam in the InBox “Train as Spam” does move them from the InBox to the Trash. I just can’t get “Train as Good” to move them from Trash to InBox like is suppose to happen. Both scripts properly add them to the Whitelist or Blocklist, but “Train as Good” does not move them as it should.

The Terminal command that I posted should help with that. If not, you would need to see what the AppleScript name of the trash is on your mail account.

your right… it did, thanks! I did not understand that that terminal command was to fix that error. Thanks!

The Terminal command is no longer necessary with SpamSieve 2.9.4.