Changing from server spam box to local spam box

I currently have SpamSieve set up on MacBook with the spam box on the server. This isn’t working for me. I probably don’t have it set up properly, but I now just want to start over and have the Spam mailbox locally, to see if that works better. What is the best way to go about this? Should I uninstall and start over, or what? Thanks. I am running Catalina.

You can change where the incoming spam goes by selecting a different mailbox in the SpamSieve rule in Mail’s preferences. You can change where manually trained spam goes using Change Settings.

To start over with fresh training data, see Resetting SpamSieve.

Thank you. I changed the mailbox in the rule. For some time now I have been getting some messages that Apple Mail says “You marked this message as Junk Mail.” I didn’t mark it or messages from that sender as Junk, and I have the Junk filter turned off anyway. Any idea why this is happening? I’m not suggesting SpamSieve is doing it, just wondering if you can explain it? Thank you.

SpamSieve will tell Mail which messages it thinks are spam to protect you from Web bugs.