Control command S key combo no longer works for identifying spam messages

Hello. Suggestions appreciated! For reasons unknown, the ^ command S function no longer works when highlighting spam mail in my inbox. I highlight, press the key combination and nothing happens - the messages stay highlighted in the inbox and there is no activity that occurs.

It seems to be random. The issue only started to appear about a week ago. I am using 14.3.1 (23D60) and the most recent version of Spam Sieve (no updates available).

Thanks in advance,
Stu

Are you using Apple Mail?

Have you checked SpamSieve’s Log window to see whether there was any activity or error reported?

Does the Train as Spam menu command behave differently than the keyboard shortcut?

Apologies Michael, I am just seeing this message now. I will get back to you by tomorrow. Thank you.

Yes, I am using Apple Mail.

The log window gives me the following message when I encounter the combo not working (the last one was on March 8):
“You trained a message as spam in Apple Mail.
Error Code: -1,712
Log Entry: Error getting selected messages: Mail got an error: AppleEvent timed out.
Date Logged: Friday, March 8, 2024, 11:31:52 AM”.

It doesn’t seem that the menu command behaves differently than the keyboard shortcut.

Hope this helps and apologies in being so long in replying.
Stu

It sounds like the error is originating with Apple Mail, so it may help to restart your Mac.