Default Stationery

Stationery is great. Thanks! However, it would be convenient if it were possible to specify a default stationery – one that was used by Command-N and by the New RTF button.

Regards,

Alan

You can use the Keyboard & Mouse pane of System Preferences to assign Command-N to a stationery. I’ll add a feature request for accessing stationery from the toolbar.

Thanks.

Alan

Huh. I can define Control-Alt-Command-N to create a new record using my stationery, but I cannot redefine Command-N to do the same. Command-N always seems to behave like “New Record > Rich Text File” (i.e., it does not load the contents of my stationery), even though the menu changes to show Command-N next to my stationery. How odd. This is on 10.5.6.

Alan

I’m not sure why it’s doing that, but it happens for me, too. However, if I assign a different shortcut to “Rich Text File” Command-N will then work for the stationery.

Thanks once again.

Link to “New RTF” toolbar button?
Specifying a keyboard shortcut is nice, but is there a way to link the “New RTF” toolbar button to the new document stationery? Clicking on “New RTF” uses the factory default formatting.

That’s not currently possible, but it’s a feature I’d like to add. You can, however, change the default RTF font in the preferences.