Drone: Apple Mail crashes when putting email in the TrainXxxx folders

When dragning email in to the TrainGood folder Apple Mail crashes.
The TrainGood and TrainSpam do not show up on other devices (only on the drone).
When runing the AppleScript there is no output, it only makes the the two TrainXxxx folders.

Hope this is possible to fix. I am using a trial version.

Scincerely
Terje

Those both sound like Mail issues. Are you able to find the Mail crash log files? Do the mailboxes appear under your account rather than under “On My Mac”?

Any output from the script would be in the Console app, not in Script Editor. You can start a search for Apple Mail Remote Training in Console before running the script to test it. You can also enable debug logging in the script if you want to see more about what it’s doing (since normally it will only log errors).

1 Like

Thanks! I got it to work now :slight_smile:

It looks like that the problem was the names of the accounts. On the drone the account was called “admin” on other devices the name was “admin urnesnet”. In the console under Apple Mail Remote Training it said that it could not find the account “admin urnesnet” (the account name in the script was “admin”).

So the combination of changing the account to “admin urnesnet” and make the TrainXxxx folders manually made it to work. Letting the AppleScript make the TrainXxxx folders it still crashes and the folder do not sync.
The Mail crash report says “Terminating app due to uncaught exception ‘NSInternalInconsistencyException’, reason: ‘Destination store does not have a folder ID’”

Mail crash rapport TrainXxxx folders.txt (92.2 KB)

Glad you got it to work. For what it’s worth, there were a lot of crashing bugs with Mail’s Exchange support in the early days. That rarely happens with recent versions of macOS.