Drone setup riddle

Hi Michael,

I’ve had SS running with Apple Mail for a few years, and some time back I set up the drone arrangement so I could train SS from my iPad. Something’s gone wrong somewhere, and the thing isn’t working. I now have a stack of spam messages sitting in the TrainSpam folder, and they’re not being moved to where they should go. Running the remote training script manually returns an error saying it can’t find the mailbox “Spam” of _account.

I’m not surprised it can’t find it. But therein lies my confusion. From checking the help, it’s now obvious that my setup doesn’t match what the help says it should be. Presumably I’ve set it up differently somewhere along the line, and I have an idea it may have been using some advanced option I came across - but I really can’t remember. Anyway - the folder I have set up to receive spam messages filtered by SS is not “myAccount/Spam”. It’s “myAccount/Junk/myAccount” - i.e. the account mailbox under Mail’s “Junk”. It works perfectly that way on the mac - i.e. spam finishes up in that box ok. But obviously it’s not compatible with the remote training script.

I’m not properly savvy on AppleScript language. But I tried replacing ““Spam” of _account” in the remote training script with ““myAccount” of “Junk” of _account”. That returned an error: “Can’t get “Junk” of _account. Access not allowed.”

Now the question – Is there a way I can edit the remote training script so it will all work with my existing mailbox setup? Or do I really have to change the setup to use a separate “Spam” mailbox as the help setup stipulates?

Thanks.

The trick here is that the “myAccount/Junk/myAccount” mailbox is not actually called “myAccount”. Rather, the mailbox could have any name, and if you’ve told Mail that that’s the special junk mailbox, it will display it under “Junk”. Normally, the mailbox is called “Junk”, so try that. Otherwise, you could look in Web mail to see what the actual name of the mailbox is and enter that into the script.

Thanks Michael. That’s all turned out easier than I expected. Changing the mailbox name in the script to “Junk” did the trick. :).