Drone Setup Script

Hello,

I installed SpamSieve and everything works well.
I try to install the applescript for remote training and I get the below error :

3/4/14 6:59:11.525 PM parisvaliadis[3022]: SpamSieve [Apple Mail Remote Training] Error training from account “P. Valiadis”: Mail got an error: Can’t get mailbox “TrainSpam” of account “P. Valiadis”.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Please make sure that:

1. The account name that you entered in the drone script exactly matches the name of the mail account in Mail’s preferences.
  2. That mail account has a top-level mailbox called “TrainSpam”.

Yes, both are valid!Screen Shot 2014-03-05 at 6.30.10 AM.png

The second screenshot shows that your TrainGood and TrainSpam mailboxes are inside the the inbox, not at the top level. That is why the drone script can’t find them. To fix this, you could either create those mailboxes not inside the inbox, or go to Mail’s Account preferences and set the IMAP path prefix to “INBOX”, which will make the inbox’s contents appear at the top level.

Thanks!

Perfect, now it works OK.
Thanks again!

Paris.

Same Issue: Can’t get mailbox
Hello!

I have the drone setup properly with the correct account names, IMAP prefixes to INBOX but i still get:

8/13/15 9:10:54.344 AM andreasxxxxxxxx[92162]: SpamSieve [Apple Mail Remote Training] Error training from account “Absolute Pharmacy”: Mail got an error: Can’t get mailbox “TrainSpam” of account “Absolute Pharmacy”.

TrainGood and TrainSpam are on the account level, but not server folder level. Is that OK?

I confirmed all descriptions by running the spam sieve account script.

I confirmed both folders are names properly.

Please advise.

Ty

AD

I’m not quite sure what you mean by that. Could you post a screenshot showing your mailboxes, or show an excerpt of the output from the List Mailboxes script?

Solved!
Solved it myself. After reviewing the mail list output file, i see the it wasn’t created on the account level. Using right click to create the folder was no good. Actually had to go to Mailbox - Create new account and choose the account to make it appear properly.

Thanks for sparking my brain a little bit in resolving!

AD

Next question!
OK. Next issue.

8/13/15 10:59:17.499 AM andreasxxxxxxx[10042]: SpamSieve [Apple Mail Remote Training] Error training from account “iCloud”: Mail got an error: Can’t get mailbox “Spam” of account “iCloud”.
8/13/15 10:59:17.532 AM andreasxxxxxxx[10043]: SpamSieve [Apple Mail Remote Training] Error training from account “Nu Image Medical”: Mail got an error: Can’t get mailbox “Spam” of account “Nu Image Medical”.

I have my spam configured to go to the Junk mailbox that all my accounts use. I have set it for “Junk” in the SpamSieve settings.

Why am i getting the above error?

OR

Do i still need to create additional mailboxes on email account for Spam as well, even though the configuration is set to Junk.

Why wouldn’t it move the manually spam in TrainSpam folder to the default set JUNK?

Ty for your assistance again!

AD

The drone script has its own setting for where to move the spam messages. You can adjust this at the top of the script. For example, change:

property pSpamMailboxName : "Spam"

to:

property pSpamMailboxName : "Junk"

This will only work if the mailboxes are actually called “Junk” on the server. It is not always easy to see the actual name of the mailbox when Mail is displaying it as the special “Junk” mailbox. Another option would be to leave the setting as-is and create “Spam” mailboxes in each account.

DONE! and works perfect… Thank You.

I’m glad to hear that. Thanks for the follow-up.