The following was posted on the EagleFiler blog:
EagleFiler 1.4.4 is now available. This is a free update that includes the following enhancements:
- Streamlined capturing from Apple Mail. EagleFiler no longer asks whether you want to capture the selected mailboxes or the selected messages; now it always captures the selected messages. Also made other changes to reduce the number of dialog boxes.
- You can now use Command-Down-Arrow (Reveal in Container
) with a message or file selected to have EagleFiler select it inside its containing mailbox or folder in the source list. This is useful if you had originally selected the message or file in Records, a tag source, or a smart folder and you want to see it in its original context. - When you ask EagleFiler to import a file (e.g. by dropping it onto EagleFiler’s Dock icon or choosing Open With ‣ EagleFiler
) that’s already in the current library, EagleFiler now opens the file for viewing rather than complaining that it’s already in the library. - EagleFiler now uses non-modal notification windows (Growl, where available) to display the progress when capturing from a mail program.
- EagleFiler now uses its own Find
panel everywhere, not relying on the system Find panel, in order to avoid having two separate windows and to improve the interaction with the search field. - Added the SendsWholeSearchString esoteric preference, which lets you control whether EagleFiler updates search results as you type.
- When you search for a phrase, EagleFiler now tries to highlight the whole phrase in the viewer, rather than the constituent words.
- The Find
panel works better with Spaces. - Items in the Services
menu can now read the selection from EagleFiler’s records list. - You can now use the capture key to import New York Times
Web pages that are in printer format, without having EagleFiler download the screen format instead. - When importing Web pages as RTF(D), EagleFiler now stores the URL in the file’s Subject field.
- When you do a library search for a phrase, EagleFiler removes the quotation marks when transferring the query to the Find
panel. - When creating PDFs from Web pages, EagleFiler no longer inserts your username into the PDF metadata.
- When you press the capture key, EagleFiler now bounces its Dock icon once. This makes it easier to see that the capture has begun if the Dock was hidden or the sound was turned down.
- When creating a new plain text file with the File
column hidden, if you enter a filename with an extension into the sheet, EagleFiler uses that extension instead of .txt. - When merging mailboxes that are selected in the source list, EagleFiler no longer maintains the selection when the mailboxes are moved to the trash.
- Deleting multiple errors at once is much faster.
- You can now use Page Setup
to change the orientation and scaling when printing. - When printing a text view, no longer scales down the width unless it’s necessary to fit it on the page.
- The print job title now shows the title of the document being printed, rather than the name of the library.
- If a file wasn’t downloaded from the Internet, its source URL is now empty rather than being a file: URL.
- If there’s an error capturing from Firefox, EagleFiler now suggests uninstalling Default Folder X to work around a bug in Firefox.
- Tooltips in the Errors
window now show the full path rather than just the name of the file. - Worked around an OS bug that could cause problems when importing text from Apple Mail via services.
- Better error reporting when EagleFiler encounters an AppleScript bug in NetNewsWire.
- Improved handling of long library names.
- Improved the error reporting when capturing from DEVONthink.
- Fixed a bug where EagleFiler would start importing a file that was copied into the To Import folder while the copy was still in progress.
- Fixed a bug where indexing could hang if analyzing the file produced a large number of errors.
- Fixed a bug where some Boston Globe
Web pages were downloaded as HTML files instead of as Web archives. - Fixed a regression that could prevent MailTags from being imported from Apple Mail if the message also had annotations.
- Fixed a bug where files that didn’t have notes could be imported with the note tag if it was in the Spotlight comments.
- Fixed a bug where the URL wasn’t properly set when importing Web page text as RTFD via drag and drop.
- Fixed a bug where, when importing IMAP messages from Apple Mail, EagleFiler would sometimes incorrectly report that attachments were missing.
- Fixed a bug where the tags bar was hidden when it shouldn’t have been.
- Fixed a bug where the scroll arrows for the notes text view didn’t work.
- Fixed a bug handling errors when importing Web archives.
- Tried to work around a URL cache problem that could cause imports to stall.