The following was posted on the EagleFiler blog:
EagleFiler 1.4.5 is now available. This is a free update that includes the following enhancements:
- When capturing from Apple Mail, EagleFiler can now directly import messages that are selected in smart mailboxes and in special “merged” mailboxes such as Inbox
. - When you do a library search for a phrase, EagleFiler now removes the quotation marks when transferring the query to Preview or Skim.
- EagleFiler now imports tags that are stored in a file’s extended attributes under com.apple.metadata:kOMUserTags by applications such as Tags, TagIt, and Default Folder X.
- Improved compatibility with pre-release versions of Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
- Added the assigned tag names AppleScript property, which can make writing scripts less verbose.
- Added the ExcludeIndexesFromBackup esoteric preference to exclude EagleFiler’s index files from Time Machine backups.
- Added the FindPanelDiacriticInsensitive esoteric preference.
- Worked around bugs in Microsoft Excel and Word that could cause EagleFiler to import the wrong document.
- EagleFiler’s temporary files are now excluded from Time Machine backups.
- Worked around a bug in the Safari 4 beta that could make Convert For Editing not preserve images.
- Worked around a change in Safari 4 that could cause problems when displaying or indexing Web archives.
- EagleFiler now closes files immediately after you’re done viewing them.
- Fixed a bug where the Errors
window did not transform filenames for display. - Fixed a bug where EagleFiler didn’t show Growl notifications after importing certain files via AppleScript.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes changes to a text or RTF document were not saved before opening the file in an external editor.
- Fixed a bug with the date format in mbox files.
- Fixed a bug where EagleFiler did not follow aliases in the Stationery folder.