The following was posted on the EagleFiler blog:
EagleFiler 1.4.7 is now available. This is a free update that includes the following enhancements:
- EagleFiler now copies tags into the extended attributes for Spotlight searchability and interoperability with applications that use OpenMeta (requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later). EagleFiler also integrates with OpenMeta’s list of recent tags and (since version 1.4.5) imports tags that were assigned using OpenMeta. As with previous versions, EagleFiler’s primary tag store is its database, so you won’t lose any metadata if you store, edit, or copy files in a manner that discards extended attributes, or if you restore from a Time Machine backup. Once a file is in EagleFiler, the tags must be edited using EagleFiler. The Copy tags to Spotlight comments option still works, but since OpenMeta support makes it largely redundant it is no longer recommended except for use on Mac OS X 10.4 and for interoperability with non-OpenMeta applications.
- EagleFiler now displays thumbnail icon previews of image files (requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later).
- Improved EagleFiler’s capture support for Journler. It now preserves the tags, comments, images, and resources, and it omits the entry header.
- Revealing a message in the Finder now reveals a .eml file instead of an .emlx file. You can use File ‣ Get Info
on this file to make Entourage the default message viewer. - When exporting messages, EagleFiler now adds a .mbox file extension so that Entourage will recognize that it can import from the file.
- Improved the Web archives that EagleFiler imports from pages served as XML.
- Now shows Growl notifications when using drag and drop to copy files from one library to another.
- EagleFiler now shows a library’s spinning progress indicator forall types of user-initiated operations, not just imports.
- Improved the parsing of invalid e-mail addresses.
- Increased the default capacity of encrypted libraries.
- Fixed a bug where EagleFiler allowed editing of locked files andthen didn’t save them properly (due to a suspected OS bug).
- Fixed a bug where some auxiliary frame content wasn’t saved into Web archives.
- Fixed a bug where tags and notes were not preserved when dragging a bookmark from one library to another.
- Fixed a bug where Control-Tab didn’t work with Web views.
- Fixed a bug where certain Web pages wouldn’t import from Safari via the bookmarklets.
- Fixed a bug where the search field lost focus after pressing Return/Enter.
- Fixed a bug updating the search field label.
- Fixed a bug where some file URLs wouldn’t import via bookmarklets.
- Fixed a bug creating Web PDFs from non-conforming URLs.
- Fixed a bug importing messages with X-From_ headers.
- Fixed a bug importing messages from Entourage with Mac linebreaks and unescaped “From ” lines.
- Fixed a bug indexing notes for libraries inside non-ASCII-named folders.
- Fixed a bug where EagleFiler highlighted search operators in the viewer.
- Removed a Web archive workaround that’s no longer needed due to a bug fix in Safari 4.
- Updated the French localization.