The following was posted on the EagleFiler blog:
Version 1.6.1 of EagleFiler is now available. This is a free update that includes the following enhancements:
- EagleFiler now syncs tags with the system when running on Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks. Tag changes made in EagleFiler show up in the Finder and in other applications, and vice-versa. This is described more in the How do Finder tags work with EagleFiler? section of the manual. The first time you open a library on Mavericks, EagleFiler will sync its tags to the Finder. This will mark the files as modified, which will trigger a one-time re-indexing of all the files (but not mail messages) in your library.
- The Characters
button in the Tags window now opens the EagleFiler Tag Symbols Web page, which shows all the emoji and symbols in one place, rather than the system character picker. - EagleFiler is faster at indexing folders, at searching, and at sorting records by tag.
- Improved the indexing of RTF, HTML, and plain text files attached to e-mail messages.
- TextExpander Fill-In Fields now work when editing the Title
, File, or From in EagleFiler’s records list. - EagleFiler is better at detecting database corruption in Microsoft Outlook and better at importing from damaged databases.
- EagleFiler will now try to repair damaged e-mail messages before importing or merging them, to ensure that you end up with a valid mailbox file.
- If you try to open a large number of files, EagleFiler now checks to make sure that’s what you meant to do (to avoid opening lots of unwanted windows).
- The Close & Lock and New Folder… commands are now available in the toolbar, rather than just in the menu bar.
- The Continuous Scroll
, Single Page, and Two Pages are now available in the View ‣ PDF submenu, rather than just in the contextual menu. - When using the Find
panel in a PDF, EagleFiler now shows an animated indicator to draw attention to the matching text. - The capture sound now plays using the output settings for sound effects.
- Improved the display and searching of newer-format AudioNote files.
- EagleFiler will now report an error if you try to open a library and the volume is running low on free space (such that it might not be able to save the changes that you make).
- The Spotlight importer now works better with FoxTrot and Mac OS X 10.9.
- Crash reports for eftexttool now show which file it was working on.
- Worked around a bug in Mac OS X 10.9 that can cause a crash when indexing a Web archive.
- Worked around a Core Animation bug in Mac OS X 10.8.5 that could cause a black box to be displayed on top of PDFs.
- Worked around a bug in Mac OS X 10.9 that could cause PDFs to display partially scrolled down.
- Fixed a bug where ePub files could be imported as text files.
- Worked around OS bug that could cause a -600 error when opening a file in another application.
- Worked around a bug in Evernote that could cause files to be imported with question mark characters (U+FFFD) instead of tabs.
- Fixed a bug where using Scan for New Files to import a PDF file with no extension would create a duplicate record with a missing file.
- Fixed a regression displaying file sizes larger than 4 GB.
- Fixed a bug where some errors when opening a library were logged but not displayed to the user.
- Fixed threading bug when indexing that could lead to an internal error being reported.
- Fixed a bug where new files would not be indexed if you had created an ef_noindex tag but not assigned it to any files.
EagleFiler 1.6.1 works with Mac OS X 10.6.8 through 10.9. Older versions are available for older operating systems. For information about previous releases of EagleFiler, please see the version history.