The following was posted on the EagleFiler blog:
Version 1.6.2 of EagleFiler is now available. This is a free update that includes the following enhancements:
- It is now possible to import via drag and drop when multiple tags are selected. EagleFiler will assign all of the selected tags to the imported files.
- EagleFiler now displays animated GIF files as videos, instead of showing the first frame as a static image.
- More image/photo metadata is now indexed and, thus, searchable.
- The Verify command can now detect and repair bad file permissions and ownership.
- EagleFiler now uses power assertions to prevent App Nap from slowing user-initiated operations when the window is in the background or blocked by the screensaver.
- Each library now has an independent queue of operations so, for example, a small import into one library no longer has to wait for another library’s large import to complete.
- Made further optimizations to the Open With menu to make EagleFiler more responsive during typing.
- When operations are in progress and you tell EagleFiler to empty the trash, it now waits a bit longer before aborting. This lets it successfully empty the trash if said operations were almost done.
- Opening a library whose search index has been reset or deleted is much faster.
- Movies and audio files are now indexed using AVFoundation rather than QuickTime.
- The characters '“”‘’ are now allowed in tag names.
- Modernized lots of code and removed old code that’s no longer needed for compatibility with legacy OS versions.
- Added the Import Safari Tabs and Shorten Path scripts.
- Added the How does indexing in EagleFiler work?, Where is my EagleFiler library?, How can I back up my EagleFiler data?, and Importing Mail From Mail Pilot sections to the manual. Updated the How can I access my library from multiple Macs?, How can I put my library on my iPhone?, and Importing Mail From Outlook sections.
- The images in the PDF manual and Apple Help are now Retina-resolution.
- Adjusted the font sizes in the PDF manual.
- Added AlwaysShowNewRecordSheet and DrawColoredLabelRowBackgrounds to the Esoteric Preferences.
- It is now possible to silently skip the capture warning when Apple Mail is busy.
- EagleFiler now skips importing MailMate’s .emlh files.
- If the indexer crashes due to a WebKit bug, EagleFiler now tries a second method of indexing.
- EagleFiler now restores the label if there’s an error setting the Finger tags.
- Made various improvements to EagleFiler’s error logging.
- Worked around an OS bug that could cause a crash when indexing certain Web archive files.
- Reduced RAM use when indexing Web archives.
- Fixed a bug where EagleFiler could erroneously think that a file was missing if it was imported via Scan for New Files and had certain non-ASCII characters in its name.
- Fixed a glitch with the Errors window toolbar when reporting certain types of mail import errors.
- Fixed a bug where Import Bookmarks… would sometimes import duplicate URLs where there were none.
- Fixed a bug where Import Bookmarks… would incorrectly skip importing some URLs when using the Bookmark
Web page format if you had Allow duplicate files in library unchecked. - Fixed a bug indexing PDF files that contained nil strings.
- Fixed a bug where capturing messages from Apple Mail sometimes created the mailbox inside an extra folder layer.
- Fixed a bug where a record being edited in the Info
window could have its changes prematurely committed, resulting in its removal from the selected smart folder (if the changes made it no longer match the smart folder’s criteria). - Fixed a bug where modification and creation dates older than 2000-12-31 were not properly displayed.
- Fixed a bug where tagging a large number of records was slow.
EagleFiler 1.6.2 works with Mac OS X 10.6.8 through 10.9. Older versions are available for older operating systems. For information about previous releases of EagleFiler, please see the version history.