The following was posted on the EagleFiler blog:
Version 1.6.9 of EagleFiler is now available. This is a free update that includes the following enhancements:
- When importing from Apple Mail, EagleFiler will now report an error if some of the messages could not be found because they were missing from Mail’s data store. This could simply mean that Mail has not finished downloading those messages and that you should try again shortly.
- If a message’s date sent is not readily available, EagleFiler now uses the date received (rather than the current date) when generating the mbox file’s “From ” line.
- EagleFiler will now log an error in the unlikely event that it finds two records that reference the same file. This condition can be fixed by rebuilding the library.
- Made various code modernizations.
- Improved the following sections of the manual:
- Fixed a bug where messages in mailboxes could not be exported to .eml files via drag and drop.
- Fixed a bug where EagleFiler sometimes didn’t skip importing duplicate e-mail messages.
- Fixed a bug and worked around an OS issue that could cause unnecessary updating of EagleFiler’s metadata backup files, leading to extra storage use and network traffic.
- Fixed a bug that could cause EagleFiler to crash when indexing a message with malformed headers.
- Fixed a bug that could lead to leaking system pasteboard resources.
- Fixed a regression (perhaps due to an OS bug) where the Info and Tags toolbar buttons were inappropriately disabled.
- Fixed a regression where Option-clicking the Tags toolbar button did not open the Tag Cloud window.
- Fixed an issue where capturing from Safari didn’t work if Safari Technology Preview 1 was running at the same time.
- Fixed a bug where the “replied” and “sent” tags were not imported from Mailsmith.
- Fixed a regression where the fallback MIME text decoder didn’t work.
- Fixed a bug that could cause EagleFiler to report an error about an “EmptyViewer,” e.g. when importing.
EagleFiler 1.6.9 works with Mac OS X 10.6.8 through 10.11. Older versions are available for older operating systems. For information about previous releases of EagleFiler, please see the version history.