The following was posted on the EagleFiler blog:
Version 1.7 of EagleFiler is now available. This is a free update that includes the following enhancements:
- EagleFiler now supports tabbed windows (requires macOS 10.12). A single window can have multiple tabs for either a single library or for different libraries. You can show the tab bar from the View menu. There are commands to manipulate tabs in the Window menu. Clicking the + button in the tab bar creates a new tab for the current library, equivalent to the New Browser Window command.
- Added support for capturing from Apple Mail on macOS 10.12.
- The Remove Duplicate Messages script now works if you have selected mailboxes in the source list rather than the records list.
- Added the current records script property, which returns the selected records in the records list or the source list, depending on which list has focus.
- The guid property on records is now available from AppleScript.
- When you use the Export… command to generate a new mbox file for the selected messages, EagleFiler now uses Unix- instead of Mac-style linebreaks, since more e-mail products now support the former.
- Made various code modernizations.
- EagleFiler now shows an empty Container column when the file is directly in the Files folder, as this is more clear than showing Records.
- When reporting that a file is damaged, EagleFiler now shows the relative path rather than just the filename, to make it clearer which file has a problem.
- The Errors window is better at displaying filenames containing slashes.
- EagleFiler reports a better error message if it finds that an Apple Mail message file is empty.
- On macOS 10.12, EagleFiler no longer shows its Select Next Tab and Select Previous Tab menu items because they duplicate the new system ones.
- Made some changes to the way EagleFiler generates mbox files to prevent Thunderbird’s importer from getting confused.
- Improved the following sections of the manual:
- Renamed “Mac OS X” to “macOS” throughout the app and documentation.
- Tried to work around an OS issue where sometimes libraries were not added to the Open Recent menu.
- Fixed a bug reading messages that have DOS linebreaks, which could lead to exported mbox files not importing properly and could affect the display and indexing of certain messages.
- Worked around an OS bug that could cause files in the To Import folder not to be imported promptly.
- Fixed a bug where EagleFiler did not launch on macOS 10.12.
- Fixed a bug that caused EagleFiler to report an error when opening a library on macOS 10.12.
- Worked around an OS bug that caused problems for tag completion using composed character sequences.
- Added a workaround for a PDFView crashing bug in macOS 10.12. To enable it, click this link.
- Fixed a regression where tagging from the Record menu didn’t work.
- Fixed a bug where edits to a record’s tags could be lost if you moved it without the tags bar losing focus.
- The distribution disk image is now signed.
EagleFiler 1.7 works with Mac OS X 10.6.8 through macOS 10.12. Older versions are available for older operating systems. For information about previous releases of EagleFiler, please see the version history.