The following was posted on the EagleFiler blog:
Version 1.8.1 of EagleFiler is now available. This is a free update that includes the following enhancements:
- EagleFiler is now 64-bit only and requires macOS 10.7 or later.
- Added support for HEIC images.
- Sketch files are now displayed using Sketch’s Quick Look plug-in instead of just showing the file icon.
- You can now paste Return-delimited tag names into the Tags
fields. This can be helpful in concert with selecting a range of tags and using the Copy command, as that generates Return-delimited text. - Increased the maximum width of the Title
column. - The How can I put my library on my iPhone? section of the manual now recommends the new Files app in iOS 11, which can view and sync the tags on your EagleFiler files.
- Updated the Edit Smart Folder… and Export… sections of the manual.
- Worked around a macOS 10.13 bug that caused crashes in Core Animation.
- Worked around a macOS 10.13 bug where importing an Apple Mail message via drag and drop could import an empty folder instead of the .eml file.
- Worked around a macOS bug that prevented large PDF files from displaying properly.
- Worked around an issue where macOS would add a color tag (which would then get synced into EagleFiler) when you assigned a label.
- You can now assign the ef_nometa tag to a folder to exclude it (and its subfolders) from metadata backups.
- Added the MJTURLSetModificationDateOnCopy esoteric preference to have EagleFiler try to repair lost file modification dates when importing to a NAS.
- EagleFiler no longer considers .7z message attachments to have unknown type.
- Improved the error reporting when importing a Web page.
- Worked around an internal error when opening a library window.
- When importing an Apple Mail message, EagleFiler no longer warns about missing message parts that are actually present but empty.
- Fixed a bug where the Drop Pad
could show no current library if you closed a library window while EagleFiler was in the background. - Fixed a bug where EagleFiler could report an internal error when Control-clicking on a row that now longer exists.
- Fixed an issue on macOS 10.13 that could cause a hang when searching.
- Fixed an issue on macOS 10.13 that could prevent closing the library or quitting.
- Fixed a regression where there was too much debug logging when importing a Web page.
- Updated the German localization.