The following was posted on the EagleFiler blog:
Version 1.8.9 of EagleFiler is now available.
EagleFiler makes organizing and managing your information easy. It lets you archive and search mail, Web pages, PDF files, word processing documents, images, and more. Use it to collect information from a variety of sources. Browse different types of files using a familiar three-pane interface. Organize them into folders and annotate them with tags and notes, or leave everything in one folder and pin-point the information you need using the live search. Since EagleFiler stores its library in Finder format, you can use it in concert with the other tools in your Mac ecosystem.
EagleFiler is a digital filing cabinet, a research assistant, snippet collector, and document organizer. You can use it to write a journal, track all the files for a project or job, manage your bookmarks, save your favorite Web articles, store financial statements and receipts, run a paperless office, plan a trip, collect your course notes, archive your e-mail correspondence, search mailing list archives, research a purchase, remember recipes to cook or books to read, store scientific papers, sort photos, gather legal case notes, or assemble a scrapbook. It’s the most flexible tool on your Mac.
This is a free update that includes the following enhancements:
- EagleFiler can now display multi-page Adobe Illustrator documents, and the text is selectable and searchable.
- Updated the Importing From a Scanner section of the manual.
- You can now rename a record and change its extension if the new extension is equivalent. For example, if you import a file as .jpeg you can now rename it to .jpg, but EagleFiler will still protect you from renaming it to something completely different that would prevent the file from opening.
- Optimized the toolbar to improve responsiveness.
- Fixed a bug where accented characters an an ENEX file could be lost during import.
- Fixed a bug where importing an ENEX file could add an extra character after a link.
- Fixed a bug where a .eml file might not display properly after renaming it.
- Fixed a regression where some .eml files did not display the sender.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes EagleFiler would neither quit nor report an error if you tried to quit while an operation was in progress.
- Fixed a regression (due to no longer using QuickTime) where animated GIFs were not playable.
- Fixed a bug with the Replace in Filenames (Regex) script and some special characters.
- Fixed a regression where the Tag Cloud
toolbar button was disabled when it shouldn’t have been.