Version 1.9.1 of EagleFiler is now available.
This is a free update that includes the following enhancements:
- If a record has a label, but the File column is hidden, EagleFiler now shows the label’s circular indicator in the Title column instead, so that you can still see that it’s labelled.
- EagleFiler’s viewer is now able to display the content of records that are alias files.
- When capturing from Evernote, if the selected notes came from more than one notebook, EagleFiler now puts them in folders named after their notebook. This makes it possible to Select All under All Notes and press the capture key to import everything from Evernote while preserving the folder structure.
- Evernote 10 no longer supports AppleScript, so if you press the capture key from it, EagleFiler will now show an error message that recommends a different way of importing.
- Showing an inspector window will now move it to the current space if it was already visible but on another space.
- Normally, EagleFiler indicates a record’s label by showing a colored circle in the File or Title column (like Finder does). You can now use
RecordsListLabelUnderlineStylein the esoteric preferences to make it additionally underline the filename and title, to make the color stand out more.
- Added the Download Apple Mail Messages script, which can help fully download messages so that they can be imported successfully.
- Added the Batch Set Creation Date script.
- Improved the error messages and Importing Mail From Apple Mail section of the manual to better handle messages that are only partially downloaded.
- The Importing Mail From Apple Mail section of the manual now includes a section on “Gmail and ‘All Mail’”.
- Worked around a sandbox bug in macOS 10.15.7 and 11.0 that prevented the Import Bookmarks… and Import ENEX File… commands from working.
- Worked around a bug in macOS 11 that could cause a crash when importing from an ENEX file containing a certain kind of image.
- Worked around a macOS bug where sometimes a newly imported folder would not show up in the source list (even though the disclosure triangle was updated).
OldApplicationIcon1.5to the esoteric preferences, for customers who prefer the previous EagleFiler application icon.
- Made several workarounds for a macOS bug that could cause a crash when drawing the source list.
- Fixed a bug where EagleFiler could incorrectly warn about opening a large number of selected records when the Share button was visible on macOS 11.
- Fixed an internal error that could be reported when dragging and dropping onto the records list.
- Fixed a bug where the insertion point could end up in the wrong place if you were typing quickly in a text or RTF file at the same time EagleFiler happened to auto-save it.
- Fixed a bug where capturing a large number of messages from Apple Mail could time out.