Version 1.9.10 of EagleFiler is now available.
This is a free update that includes the following enhancements:
- EagleFiler now supports Live Text, so that you can select and copy text in scanned PDFs without needing a separate OCR step (requires macOS 13).
- EagleFiler now skips importing Emacs auto-save and backup files.
- The notes field in the import options window now works better with Dark Mode.
- Scan for New Files will now update custom icons for folders in the source list, so it’s no longer necessary to close and reopen the library to see such changes.
- Improved the error reporting when MailTags data can’t be read due to missing Full Disk Access.
- EagleFiler is better able to figure out the source URL from some HTML files.
- The Delete Empty Folders script is much faster and can now delete folders that are not empty but which contain only other empty folders (as can occur if duplicate files are removed during import).
- Updated the Importing From iOS section of the manual.
- Worked around a macOS issue that could cause some HTML files to display as blank.
- Worked around a MailTags bug that could cause an error when importing some Apple Mail messages. (The bug has already been fixed in MailTags but may still affect previously saved files.)
- Fixed a crash that could occur when updating the source list.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when accessing system services from the contextual menu on the records list.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes the scroll position in a PDF would change when switching back to EagleFiler from another app.
- Fixed a bug where custom titles for .eml files were not indexed for searching.
- Fixed a bug where exact searches didn’t consider custom From values for .eml files.
- Fixed a bug where MailTags metadata might not be imported from Apple Mail in some cases where it had not cached the tag information in Mail’s data store.