Version 1.9.5 of EagleFiler is now available.
This is a free update that includes the following enhancements:
- Worked around a change in the macOS 12 Beta that caused EagleFiler to crash at launch.
- The capture key now works with the Iron and Orion Web browsers and with beta and developer versions of Microsoft Edge.
- Improved the speed of the records list on macOS 11 when lots of e-mail messages are selected.
- The Copy Source URL command now puts the record title on the pasteboard, in addition to the URL, e.g. so that the title is preserved if you paste into Safari’s Bookmarks window.
- The Evernote importer is better at recognizing files that should be extracted as separate files rather than imported as text attachments.
- Improved the speed of extracting message files from mailboxes by reducing Spotlight overhead.
- The Copy command is much faster when lots of e-mail messages are selected.
- Worked around a macOS 11 issue where sometimes a custom folder icon or emoji tag abbreviation in the source list would be drawn as if the window were in the background, when it wasn’t. Also, they no longer dim when the window is only behind an inspector or another application’s floating window, such as OmniFocus’s Quick Entry.
- Made a change to prevent macOS from allowing the volume containing an open library to be ejected.
- Fixed a regression where built-in items in the source list could be incorrectly shown as editable.
- Fixed some regressions when renaming in the source list. Pressing Esc now discards the edit in progress. Changes are saved when you click away or close the window, not just when you press Return or Tab. In-progress changes are no longer lost when a background change occurs.
- Fixed a bug where PDF attachments in RTFD files could become invisible when using the RespectImageDPI esoteric preference.
- Fixed a bug where an internal error could occur when resizing images in an RTFD file for display.
- Fixed a bug where merging mailboxes or message files could import the new mailbox as the wrong type of file if one of the source files had an extension in its filename.
- Fixed an internal error validating the records list for deletion.