Version 1.9.7 of EagleFiler is now available.
This is a free update that includes the following enhancements:
- EagleFiler now uses adaptive color mapping for rich text records and notes (in addition to plain text records and e-mails, as in previous versions) so that you automatically see light text on a dark background when your Mac is running in Dark Mode. This can be controlled using the DarkTextBackgroundInDarkMode setting in the esoteric preferences. The standard Light Mode colors are written to disk so that the files still display properly on other Macs and platforms.
- You can now use the Add Sketch… command to draw on your iPhone or iPad’s screen and import the image directly into EagleFiler without having to transfer a file.
- The forthcoming macOS 12.3 no longer includes the Python scripting language, so the sample AppleScripts that used Python have been updated to remove that dependency.
- Customers migrating from Gmail, e.g. after the announcement that free G Suite plans would be discontinued, can move their e-mail archive to EagleFiler as described in the Importing Mail From Webmail/Gmail section of the manual.
- The “new look” version of Outlook doesn’t yet support AppleScript. Thus, if you press the capture key, Outlook will incorrectly report to EagleFiler that no messages were selected. In such situations, EagleFiler will now offer to turn off “New Outlook” for you. You can then restart Outlook and proceed with the capture.
- When capturing from old versions of DEVONthink, EagleFiler can now preserve the URL, label, and tags. (This was already supported for newer versions.)
- You can now press the Delete key when Trash is selected in the source list as a shortcut for Empty Trash….
- If you delete the last folder or mailbox in the source list, EagleFiler now selects the previous source instead of selecting Trash.
- Improved the performance of the source list when using the RecordsListLabelUnderlineStyle setting in the esoteric preferences.
- The How can I access my library from multiple Macs? section of the manual now links to the scripts that help you rename files in accordance with Microsoft OneDrive’s restrictions.
- Updated the Importing Mail From Outlook section of the manual to work around an Outlook bug using saved smart folders.
- Updated the Applications That Support Capture section of the manual.
- Worked around a bug where WebKit could hang when cleaning up its preferences.
- Worked around a bug in Apple Mail that could prevent it from being able to import a message with an empty body. EagleFiler will now “fix” such messages when importing them, so that Mail will be able to import EagleFiler’s native mailbox file storage. If you already have such messages in EagleFiler, exporting the selected messages will create a new mailbox file that Mail can read.
- Worked around a WebKit bug that could cause importing certain sites to never complete.
- Fixed a problem where an AppleScript timeout could make importing messages with MailTags very slow.
- Fixed a regression (due to a macOS change) where opening a library from within the import options dialog didn’t work because the open panel would be behind the options dialog.
- Updated to version 1.5.2 of the SkimNotes framework.