C-Command Software Forum

entourage import broken in 1.2?

When in try and import an entourage mailbox by drag and drop it fails both dragging into the EF window and the drop pad. I can only get it to work by dragging from entourage to the desk top and then to EF.

Any insights?

Also, my expectation in dragging a mailbox into EF is that there would be a folder with the contents of the mailbox, which could be other nested mailboxes. However, what I see is a single mbox file with the name of the folder and the contents are in that file. In other words, I really would like to see a file structure that matched my mail program file structure. Comments?

Thanks,
Mike

Due to the way Entourage works, importing by direct drag-and-drop to EagleFiler will only work for small mailboxes. Thus, I recommend dragging first to the Finder and then to EagleFiler.

When you drag a mailbox out of Entourage, it only exports that mailbox; it does not include the nested mailboxes. So it’s not possible for EagleFiler to do what you expect here.

EagleFiler stores messages in mbox files, since mbox is a standard format that other programs can read and because it’s very efficient compared to storing messages as individual files in a folder.

As of EagleFiler 1.4, you can import from Entourage simply by pressing the capture key, and this works for large mailboxes.