I do not understand how to train SpamSieve

Sorry folks, I don’t think the manual is clear at all on training. Where in the SpamSieve program to I identify emails as being junk or not being junk? Or, do I just mark items in Postbox as junk/not junk just like I did before installing SpamSieve? I’m just not all all clear on this.

Also, some of my messages are in the inbox and they are noted as being spam, they are indeed spam, but they were not moved into the Junk folder. Why?

Thanks,

Duffy

The Setting Up Postbox section of the manual says:

• To train SpamSieve with spam messages, select one or more of them and then choose Message ‣ Mark ‣ As Junk, click the bullet in the junk status column of the message list, or press the J key.
  • To train SpamSieve with good messages, select one or more of them and then choose Message ‣ Mark ‣ As Not Junk, click the junk icon in the junk status column of the message list, or press Shift-J.

So, yes, it’s like before installing SpamSieve. (In some other e-mail programs there are separate commands for training SpamSieve.)

Postbox has different settings for different accounts, so perhaps those messages were from an account that wasn’t configured to move the spam messages.

OK, that’s where the confusion is. So I mark the messages as junk within the email program.

I thought all the accounts were configured the same way so I will have to check.

Thanks,

Duffy