I want to start over

I want to completely start over with using Spamsieve. Can anyone tell me what files are on my Mac I need to delete in order to start over?

Since upgrading to Mavericks and updating the program it seems there is a large amount of mail going into my junk mail folder that does not belong there.
And, none of the messages are marked as Junk. They are just there as if that is where they are suppose to go. I try to train them as good but the next time I see them they are back in the junk folder.

So, I think I need to start over.

Thanks in advance…

Please see Uninstalling SpamSieve. However, it doesn’t sound like this is really what you need to do.

Which mail program are you using? This may be due to a change in Apple Mail or your mail server’s filter, not related to SpamSieve. The first thing you should do is check the log to see whether SpamSieve is predicting these good messages to be spam. If not, there’s no point in resetting SpamSieve, since it’s not the problem.

Michael,

What am I looking for when I check the log?

I am using Apple Mail v. 7.0 (1822)

Please read this page, particularly “Why is a particular good message in my spam mailbox?”.

Ok, I see now. I’ll have a look at it and see what I can find.

Thanks much…

Michael,

Ok, here is an item that went into my Spam folder. I would like it not to go into my Spam folder.

Trained: Spam (Manual)
Subject: Black Friday Countdown Is On!
Identifier: Bf6bmAYYUf2OIa5/mgV+tw==
Actions: disabled rule <From (address) Is Equal to "MaxPerks@em.officemax.com"> in SpamSieve whitelist, disabled rule <List-Unsubscribe Is Equal to “<mailto:leave-fd8315771a3c402029-fe5815767c6502797211-ff591c7970-fea012727565047b75-ff2812707c6c@leave.em.officemax.com>”> in SpamSieve whitelist, added rule <From (address) Is Equal to "MaxPerks@em.officemax.com"> to SpamSieve blocklist, added to Spam corpus (2), removed from Good corpus (100)
Date: 2013-11-24 13:27:13 +0000

How can I fix it so that it appears in my regular mailbox?

Here is another one;

Mistake: False Negative
Subject: Black Friday Countdown Is On!
Identifier: Bf6bmAYYUf2OIa5/mgV+tw==
Classifier: Bayesian
Score: 4
Date: 2013-11-24 13:27:19 +0000

I think it is related to the one above. At least the title of the message is the same.

This log entry shows that you told SpamSieve that the message was spam.

This is another entry for the same message. This entry is saying that SpamSieve predicted the message to be good, but since you trained it as spam, SpamSieve thinks it made a mistake (missed catching a spam message).

If you have been training good messages as spam, SpamSieve will get very confused. The best way to fix this is to remove the SpamSieve data files listed here and start over.

Yes, it’s the same message because the Identifier is the same.