Indexing stalled with only few files left to import

Good day,

I have been faced with the following issue and I was not able to find a solution while browsing the forum, so here I am :slight_smile:

I have imported into EF several large mbox file. For two of them (19000 and 17000 plus messages) indexing stops with only 1 file and 5 files left to index respectively.

Each time I cancel the process and relaunch EF, the process starts again. It performs fairly quickly as I believe there is no need to reindex what has already been and then stops with always the same number of files left.

Based on the log, EF cannot read some attachments as they are in “incorrect format” (there are pdf files and also other .easm and such). I have tried to locate them in order to manually erase but to no avail.

Using TinkerTool System I cleaned font caches and while I was at it rebuilt persmissions, but no luck.

I shortly describe the process and attach process samplings pertaining to each of the below PIDS as well as EF logs :

1: EF launched, app starts again the 2 previously stalled indexing processes; one is pending and the other one quickly moves up to the point where it becomes stalled again
2: I cancel the stalled indexing process, the other one starts
3: I cancel the second one
4: After having quit EF

1:
(when indexing first mbox and being stalled with one file left)
Activity monitor:

• No efindextool
  • EagleFiler PID 10461
  • eftexttool PID 10474
  • eftexttool PID 10469

2:
(when indexing second mbox and being stalled with 5 files left)
Activity monitor:

• No efindextool
  • EagleFiler PID 10461
  • eftexttool PID 10559
  • eftexttool PID 10562
  • eftexttool PID 10564
  • eftexttool PID 10567
  • eftexttool PID 10568
  • eftexttool PID 10574

3:
(after both indexing processes have been stopped through EF interface)
Activity monitor:

• No efindextool
  • EagleFiler PID 10461
  • eftexttool PID 10685
  • eftexttool PID 10686

4:
(after EF has been quit, still two eftexttool processes running in activity monitor, both of which I need to kill)
Activity monitor:

• eftexttool PID 10685
  • eftexttool PID 10686

Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

It looks as though EagleFiler is stuck waiting for the Spotlight importer plug-in to extract the text from the .easm files. Do you know which application provides that plug-in? Perhaps there is an update available.

If you contact me via e-mail, I can provide you with a build of EagleFiler that tries to work around the problem by skipping those types of files.

Good day,
Thank you for your reply. The application is edrawings viewer but it seemed to me there were also some pdf attachments EF could not read. Anyway I am indeed interested in a version that will skip what EF cannot read from mbox attachments. I will email you.
Best regards.

EagleFiler 1.5.2 is less aggressive about indexing .easm files to avoid problems with the Spotlight importer hanging.