Info Inspector / Panel / Window part of main window

Hi guys,

I’m looking into starting to use a file management app. When trying out EagleFiler (which I like a lot) there is one thing that bugs me constantly and why I’m thinking about waiting with purchase. And that is an extra move with a mouse and click (or hitting keyboard shortcut) to display the File Inspector where you can edit tags or add comments/notes and such.

Is there a way to make this panel be a part of the main window (maybe a toggle it on/off option in the preferences or view settings)?
Or so that is sticks to the main window and moves with it when you move the main window?

I believe this would be a very neat feature that would speed up work with files tremendously.

Please, let me know. Thank you.

Info Inspector Panel Part of Main Window
Hi Michael,

I would like to ask if there is a way to have the Info Inspector panel where you add tags, comments, file title etc. basically glued to the main window or even part of the window. I find it difficult to do extra mouse clicks or keyboard combination in order to open the panel to edit/add information to files.

I believe, it would be easier if this was a permanent part of the main window, always open, so that when you choose a file you just have the information somewhere right next to it or below it for easy and quick editing. It would move on the desktop together with the whole app when you move it around. Maybe it could be in preferences like an option to toggle it off/on if you want it to be a part of the main window or just a floating panel.

I attached a picture with possible locations for the panel.

I’m looking for a file management app and tried about 5 of them in the last couple weeks. EagleFiler is a prime candidate, however, this would make it absolutely amazing in my opinion, and a must buy for me… :wink:

Please, let me know what you think.
Big thank you!

EagleFiler_InspectorPanel_Placement_Idea.jpg

Currently, you can press a single keyboard shortcut, either Command-Shift-T to edit the tags or Command-Shift-E to edit the notes. That said, I do agree that it would be nice to be able to display the Notes pane as part of the main window, and I plan to add an option for this.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your answer. When do you think this could be implemented?

It’s a high priority for the next major update to EagleFiler’s user interface.