Installing SpamSieve scripts in OS Catalina

I/m running OS Catalina 10.15.3. I want to install the script "Apple Mail - Discard Spam.scpt to run in Apple Mail. This script discards deleted mail from the Spam folder rather than moving it to Trash (where it builds up rapidly).

The installations instructions say the script should be installed in Library/Scripts/Applications/Mail. But the folder Library/Scripts is empty – there’s no Scripts folder. However… there is a folder Library/Application Scripts/com.apple.mail. That folder currently contains /Launch SpamSieve.scpt.

So is that where I should install the Discard Mail script? If so and if this is the right location for Catalina, that should be added to the Location instructions for this script. (If not, where does the script go?)

The installation instructions for the script are correct. Scripts for the system Script menu go in ~/Library/Scripts/Applications/Mail. You should create the intervening folders if they aren’t already there.

The ~/Library/Application Scripts/com.apple.mail folder is for scripts that are run by Mail rule actions.

That said, I believe Catalina still has a bug where deleting messages via script doesn’t work, so you may find that the Discard Spam script moves the messages to Trash but they remain there.

Thanks - very helpful answer despite the frustrating caveat regarding Catalina.